Winter Weather Advisory
01/15/2020 4:17 AM through 01/15/2020 4:00 PM
Winter Weather Advisory issued January 15 at 4:17AM PST until January 16 at 4:00AM PST by NWS Portland ORAlert
...MORE SNOW EXPECTED IN THE OREGON COASTAL RANGES AND THE
WASHINGTON AND OREGON CASCADES WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY...
.A strong area of low pressure off the Pacific Northwest coast
will spread moisture inland today. Relatively low snow levels are
expected to result in moderate snow accumulations affecting much
of Southwest Washington, the Columbia River Gorge, and the hills
above 1000 to 1500 feet around Northwest Oregon midday today
through early Thursday.
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches
below 1500 feet, and 3 to 6 inches above 1500 feet. Winds
gusting as high as 40 mph.
* WHERE...In Washington, Willapa Hills. In Oregon, Central Coast
Range of Western Oregon.
* WHEN...From 10 AM this morning to 4 AM PST Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow levels below 500 feet this morning
will gradually rise to 1500 to 2000 ft tonight. A few pockets
of freezing rain are possible in the valleys tonight.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Central Coast Range of Western Oregon; Willapa Hills
Sender: NWS Portland OR
Sent: 4:17 AM on 01-15-2020