High Wind Warning
04/16/2018 1:09 PM through 04/16/2018 10:00 PM
Update to NWS-IDP-PROD-2773791-2586816
High Wind Warning issued April 16 at 1:09PM PDT expiring April 17 at 5:00AM PDT by NWS San Diego CAAlert
* Winds...Areas of west to northwest winds 20 to 30 mph with
gusts to 45 mph.
* Timing...The strongest and most widespread winds are expected
this afternoon and evening. The winds will weaken late tonight
and early Tuesday.
* Location...Strongest winds north and east of Interstate 10.
* Visibility...Reduced at times in blowing sand and blowing dust.
* Impacts...The winds will make driving difficult...especially for
motorists with high profile vehicles. There will also be areas
of blowing dust and sand which will reduce visibility at times.
Watch for broken tree limbs and other debris.
* Outlook...Another round of strong northwest winds is expected
for Wednesday night into Thursday night.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Sender: NWS San Diego CA
Sent: 1:09 PM on 04-16-2018
Sender Email: firstname.lastname@example.org